Johnson's Alfalfa PlusJohnson's Natural Formula
Johnson’s Alfalfa Plus is a high fibre, high protein, low starch and sugar, pelleted feed. Formulated as a cool feed, it is suitable for all horses and ponies in light, medium or hard work, retired or spelling horses, breeding and growing horses. Provides very low starch and sugar levels, which may make it a suitable feed for horses who tie up, or suffer from Laminitis, Cushings, Insulin Resistance, Equine Metabolic Syndrome etc.
- Introduce any new feeds into your horse’s diet gradually over a 1-2 week period.
- Designed to be fed in conjunction with roughage such as pasture and hay. May be fed either wet or dry, alone or combined with other ingredients (eg. chaff or grains). Horses should receive a minimum of 1% of their body weight in roughage per day.
- The suggested feeding rates are a guide, and the amount required will vary depending on the quality and quantity of pasture and hay available, stage of training, exercise intensity, body condition and metabolism of your horse.
- Divide into smaller feeds if feeding over 0.5kg per 100kg of body weight per day.
- Ensure your horse always has access to clean water.
Johnson’s Alfalfa Plus contains premium grade export quality Lucerne Hay, Lupins, Faba Beans, Soybean Oil (GMO free) and Johnson’s Premium Vitamin and Mineral premix (including chelated minerals, prebiotics, probiotics, and mycotoxin binder).